The latvian Glastbonbury festival... No, just Midsummer. Latvia, 2011.

The Latvian Glastbonbury festival.

No, just Midsummer. This was my definitely the weirdest and does not make sense kind of midsummer party ever. The best parties I assure happens between 20-23. In my experience. Here we were at Mikelis & Anete's place in the countryside by a lake I never went swimming. Our hosts had prepared a list of games and rules, we had to wear a jacket and more likely it was a weird looking jacket for fun. We didn't have anything traditional, only the wreaths and crowns, beer and cheese, and bbq meat, AND the traditional Mikelis Bendik's campfire soup. That's the speciality he does on outdoor parties.

In this group I was a newbie, I only knew Anete as a good friend, but everyone else was new to me or I had seen before but many years ago when we were still under 18. The party was fun, but I fell asleep early, being too drunk. I had just arrived a day before from the UK, and probably still confused where am I, just enjoyed myself with too much booze. All I remember waking up in my tent thinking how did I find my tent and where is my camera? The camera was fine, it was just on the table. Nothing to worry and imagine people would take it as everyone else were friends there. Then slowly a memory came back, but still blackout. We were laughing a lot, eating and drinking, playing silly games but most of the time I was photographing everyone playing games.

Not much to say, as this and that it was nice first impression-meeting with Anete's back then new boyfriend and current husband and a father of two her sons. :) Life! This was one of a kind event, as for instance Ante and Mikelis have started more folk and traditional midsummers than this. This Latvian Glastbonbury midsummer is a colourful memory now. Glad I took that many photos.



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  



ELINA NOMAD PHOTOGRAPHY


Do you want I do a similar photography work for you?
Or private couple or family portrait session?
Message me on my fb page or visualnoteselina@gmail.com

Comments